Author Topic: DENIED: Big_Fat_Lard  (Read 469 times)

Offline Big_Fat_Lard

• Private
DENIED: Big_Fat_Lard
« on: 05 January, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »
Your in Game Name - Big_Fat_Lard
Which Server You Were Banned From - KAOS Bridge Server
Your GUID 00000000000000076561197965916509
Reason We Should Lift Your Ban - Quite simply I have no idea why I was banned. I have never cheated in any multiplayer game, nor do I want or need to.... Its taken me awhile to go through the process of trying to figure out that I had a ban and how I got a ban (also because I've been working nights the last week). The only possible reason I can think of is that a hex editor I had been using earlier for another program was still open. Until I googled I didn't even realize this was a problem. I also looked at PB screenshots of myself and I can't see any problems.

After finally figuring out I needed to talk to Evenbalance they pointed me in the direction of ACI. But as you can see in note #5 from the ticket which is linked (http://www.evenbalance.com//troubleticket/update_ticket.php?ticketnumber=EB5142000883070&password=ca3945919e2c6baac1d2430e1ad402) It appears I was banned locally (on your server on the 27th I think.) I had been kicked a few times for 2minutes that day until I got the PB ban. Razornutz was on the server at the time also I believe. I still have no clue why PB would decide I was using a wallhack. However if I want the ban lifted it appears my hope is with you guys here.

I have been playing this game only for about 6 months, but I like to think I have played with plenty of people in the community and have shown myself in that time to have integrity. Indeed I still remember Doc Blade from AA1 where I also never cheated. In the meantime I am out of RC by mutual agreement and if this isn't solved I won't be playing again, which is frustrating as I both enjoy the game and the people I play with.

I don't exactly know where to go from here, would be happy to discuss any way this can be resolved or any clarification needed. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 09 January, 2016, 10:51:23 PM by [KAOS]-Doc.Blade »

Offline [KAOS]-Doc.Blade

• Founder
    • [KAOS]-Clan
Re: Big_Fat_Lard
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2016, 12:46:31 AM »
You have been banned either by a direct PunkBuster cheat detection script, or an ACI cheat detection script (I am leaning towards the latter).

The ban in place is an ACI global ban, not a local ban.

You would need to put an appeal in through ACI's appeal process. Make sure to include a link to the pb ticket as you have here. You can get to ACI by clicking here.

Unfortunately though, with Note #7, I can all but guarantee they will not lift the ban if PB says it was not triggered in error:

Quote from: Evenbalance
Note #7: We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed. It is at the discretion of the third-party ban list administrator to remove any ban given as a result of this violation.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

If you have a cheat for another game that uses the same hooks to hook into the game, even a single player cheat, it can still pick it up and ban you for it. Not saying this is the case, but another possibility.

Hope this helps.

Doc

Offline Big_Fat_Lard

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 07 January, 2016, 02:47:18 PM »
Ok, thanks mate for taking the time to reply. Have followed everything I can possibly do short of reformatting and making a new account, which I don't want to do.

Doesnt look like I have much recourse then.

Just Evenbalance (if you check ticket) again claims was server admin ban for ACI, which is why I came here.

Offline [KAOS]-Doc.Blade

• Founder
    • [KAOS]-Clan
« Reply #3 on: 07 January, 2016, 08:26:53 PM »
No probs at all.

It was an ACI check that was detected on my server. It wasnt a server admin ban, but a global ACI ban because of the detection script, was just that it was picked up on my server.

Offline [KAOS]-Doc.Blade

• Founder
    • [KAOS]-Clan
« Reply #4 on: 07 January, 2016, 11:44:52 PM »
Ban appeal has been denied by ACI and Punkbuster, ban will not be removed from their lists. Seeing as we run their scripts and ban lists, the ban will not be removed from the [KAOS] Servers.